Thursday, May 6, 2010

Closing ceremonies

Classical Conversations is one tremendous homeschool community! I'm so proud of our entire community! I'm so sad to be moving on from this marvelous group of awesome people!
With Gavin's accident, I was so blessed to be able to attend our closing ceremonies Tuesday evening. Gavin played "the prince" in the Latin play! I almost made him stay home, he fell asleep on the way and I decided to turn around to take him home, he didn't want to. He went, played his part, and took tylenol when we got home.
I had a difficult time, presenting the awards to my class. I made it short and to the point to keep the emotions under control. I'm excited about being the director for the Skiatook group this fall, but sad to be leaving this amazing community of friends, we've been with the past 3 years!
We had 21 memory masters! Our son Losha was one of them. We are so proud of his perseverance, of overcoming the language barrier and reciting everything in English! The tested subjects include: History timeline, history facts, science, math, grammar, geography, and Latin. The children must know and be able to recite all the facts from the entire school year, not just the past few weeks. Losha did it!!! He even wore his metal to the breakfast table Wednesday morning!

No comments: